Love is in the Air!
San Antonians are famous romantics, and no more so than on the Riverwalk, where everyone is getting ready for the most romantic day of the year, Valentine’s Day.
Not only is love in the air this year but also in the water, which will be dyed red in honor of St Valentine, the patron Saint of love. This unique once-in-a-lifetime dye promises to use up the excess coloring the City bought in for Halloween.
Book your trip to San Antonio with your loved one over the next two weeks and get ready for Cupid’s arrival with the calendar of Valentine events happening only on the world famous Riverwalk:
- The Amorous Alamo: impromptu wedding ceremonies are free on February 14, where the Reverend Joyce McCreery will be performing mass marriages at 10AM. Over 300 couples tied the knot last year, and after performing the largest Baptism in history last June, the Reverend is hoping for a record turnout in 2013.
- Half-price Tacos: who doesn’t love a good taco? The Cardboard Cactus will be offering 50% off their Valentine’s Taco between Feb 10 and Feb 15, together with 2-for-1 Dos Equis and 3-for-1 House Margarita’s.
- San Fernando Cathedral: a special service is being held on Feb 13 at midnight followed by an encore the next day at 9AM. With a Valentine’s-themed sermon reminding the fearful that sex outside marriage has been, is, and continues to be a sin, only married couples will be allowed for this limited-time sold-out event.
- The Passion Parade: on Sunday February 15, the whole of Commerce Street is closed for 12 hours as erotic dancers and part-time circus performers Cirque du Troupe impress crowds with their floats and erotic dancing numbers. Not suitable for under 18s or couples in loveless marriages.
- The Riverwalk Love Party sponsored by Miller: the city of love goes wild on February 16, when Miller Lite sponsors its annual Riverwalk extravaganza. Join in the fun and find out why you should enjoy your romance full-fat and your beer lite. Best of all, single women can drink free during this event.
Get your Valentine Groove on during this Valentine, only at the world famous Riverwalk in the 2013 Official City of Love, San Antonio! For more information, visit the event website or get tickets from the Love Boat, sailing around the Riverwalk on Wednesdays until February 14.